Last Updated: 21/09/2022
- Personal Information We Collect
When you use our Services, we may collect the following kinds of information:
- Account Information. When you sign up for an account with our services you may provide us with personal information. This may include your name, username, or email.
- Apple ID, Facebook, and Google Sign In. Mussila may allow you to register for an account with third-party services such as Apple ID, Facebook, or Google. If you use our Services with an SNS Account, we will receive basic information tied to those accounts such as your email address or name. Students can not use SNS accounts to authenticate in our applications. Only teachers or Family accounts have the option to use this authentication method.
- Information from your use of the services. We may collect certain information automatically when you use the services. This information may include your progress and other details about your gameplay, Internet protocol (IP) address, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, details about your browser or device, region or country for the users device, pages or areas that you visit before and after using the services, and other information about how you use the services. All information is only readable by the user, owner of said data, and the team at Mussila. All data is encrypted in transit and at rest, and non-readable by service providers.
- Communications with Mussila. When you directly communicate with us we may collect personal information and other information contained in your message.
- Transactional Information. We and our service providers may process your Payment Information in order to facilitate a transaction that you request.
- Cookies, pixel tags, and analytics information
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in visitors’ computer browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies.
- Pixel Tags. A pixel tag is a piece of code embedded on the services that collect information about users’ engagement. The use of a pixel allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement. We may also include pixel tags in e-mails to understand whether messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded.
- Analytics. We may also use Google Analytics and other service providers to collect information regarding user behavior and user demographics on some of our services and to develop website content. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt-out of Google’s processing of data generated by your use of the Services by visiting http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Our uses of these technologies fall into the following general categories:
- Operationally necessary. This includes Technologies that allow you access to our services, applications, and tools that are required to identify irregular site behavior, prevent fraudulent activity and improve security or that allow you to make use of our functionality.
- Performance related. We may use technologies to assess the performance of our services, including as part of our analytic practices to help us understand how our visitors use the services.
Functionality related. We may use Technologies that allow us to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing or using our Services. This may include identifying you when you sign in to our services or keeping track the progress in the game.
- Advertising or targeting related. We may use first-party or third-party technologies to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our services or on third-party sites.
- Third-Party Websites and Software Development Kits
We use third-party software development kits (“SDKs”), such as Google Firebase, Firebase Analytics, Facebook Business Manager, Facebook Ads, Branch, Mailchimp, Monster Opt-In, Amplitude and Convertful as part of the functionality of our services. Third-party SDKs may allow third parties including advertisers to collect information about you to provide content that is more relevant to you. For more information, please contact us as set forth below.
- How We Use Your Information
We only use your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so, including:
To Fulfil our Contract with You and Provide the Services or Information You Request, including to:
- Manage your Account and other information.
- Respond to questions, comments, and other requests.
- Provide access to certain functionalities and features of the Services.
- Provide customer or technical support.
- Verify or maintain the quality or safety of a service or device.
- Process your financial information and other payment methods for products or services purchased.
- Allow you to register for promotions, contests, and other events.
Administrative Purposes pursuant to our legitimate interest, including to:
- Measure interest in the Services.
- Develop, improve, upgrade, enhance, or create new products and Services.
- Ensure internal quality control.
- Communicate with you for various purposes.
- Verify your identity.
- Debug, identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
User de-identified and Aggregated Information. We may use personal information and other data about you to create de-identified and aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the computer or device from which you access our Services or other analyses we create.
- Information We Share
- Information Shared with Our Service Providers. We may share any information with our service providers. These service providers help us: (i) operate, improve and maintain our Services; (ii) perform content moderation and analytics; (iii) tailor and deliver advertising to you; (iv) provide technical and customer support; and (v) process payments. These service providers may only use your data to provide services to us.
- Information shared with Developers. Developers of our apps and employees in customer services and support may receive information about you (such as your progress).
- Information Disclosed in Connection with Business Transactions. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of company assets, or transition of service to another provider, then your information may be sold or transferred as part of such a transaction as permitted by law and/or contract.
- Your Privacy Choices
(a) Email Communications.
(b) Mobile devices.
We might send you push notifications through our mobile applications with game updates, reminders, or other notices. You may at any time opt-out from receiving these types of communications by changing the settings on your mobile device. Mussila may also collect location-based information with your consent if you use our mobile applications. You may opt out of this collection by changing the settings on your mobile device.
(c) “Do Not Track”
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
(d) Cookies, interest-based advertising, and analytics.
If you would like to opt-out of the technologies we employ on the services, you may do so by blocking, disabling, or deleting them as your browser or device permits.
- Individual Rights
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to: (i) request confirmation of whether we are processing your personal information; (ii) obtain access to or a copy of your personal information; (iii) receive an electronic copy of your portable personal information.
- Data Deletion
You have the right to ask for the deletion of your personal information. You can do so by contacting us at support@ mussila.com or by tapping on “Delete Account” in any of our apps and sending the email that will be drafted when doing so.
- Data Retention
- Security of Your Information
By using the Services or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Services, by mail or by sending an e-mail to you.
- Supervisory Authority
If you are located in the European Economic Area or UK, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority if you believe our processing of your personal information violates applicable law.
- Questions or Comments